5 Quick Tips to Help You Dominate Local Search On Google
Despite the fact that your business website can be viewed all over the world, it matters little if you’re a local business who’s not found in Google Local search results. This is where you bread gets buttered, and you have to be visible locally.
Since we now know that 1 in 3 searches in Google are now local in intent, and more than 70 percent of people look online for offline services, it’s a no-brainer that you must dominate your local search results, and below are a few ways to do exactly that.
5 Easy ways to begin to dominate your local search results
- Google+ Local Page – Making sure your business has a Google+ local page helps deliver the probability to appear in local search results. By all means claim your Google+ Local page, and provide as much information as you can.
- Claim Citations – Citations are listings for your business on search engines and within social media which include your name address and phone number. They can include more or less and are typically found on Facebook, Google, Bing, Yelp, and FourSquare, as well as a number of other sites.
- Reviews – Reviews are great not just for social proof, but also for improving your ranking in the Google local search results. Getting reviews to your Google+ local page is one of the most important things you can do. Ask your customers for reviews and offer them a link to where they can post it.
- NAP – NAP represents name address and phone number. Making sure that this information is accurate across all your social media and sites is a must.
- Mobile – Research is showing that three out of four mobile searches initiate follow-up actions, whether that means an actual store visit, social sharing or phone call. Ensure that your site is optimized for mobile, so you can make the most of where everyone is headed in local search!