Use These 7 Tips to Profit from Location Based Marketing
Location based marketing services including FourSquare, Yelp and others have combined with mobile devices to seriously change the way your customer finds and interacts with your business. The amount of information and trust that these sites provide has given consumers a real help when choosing where to shop, eat or go. How can you as a small business owner make use of location based marketing in your business?
Here are 7 tips to help you profit from location based marketing!
- Ensure that your local listings are correct – It should go without saying, but it doesn’t, so here goes. Ensure that your listings in Google+ Local, Yelp, FourSquare and any other service or listings you have are correct with regards to name, address, phone, maps and anything else you would like to convey.
- Make sure your website is mobile responsive – Some 50 percent of all local searches are emanating forma mobile device, so it’s imperative that your site renders well in a mobile browser.
- Pushing and pulling – There are two ways to reach consumers: you can push ads out to those who are in your neighborhood, as well as being available to those who are wanting to discover someone like you where they are!
- Get local reviews – 90 percent of consumers based their shopping decisions on reviews, so it would behoove you to stimulate (and perhaps incentivize!) your satisfied customers to leave a review, either on Facebook, Yelp or your Google+ page.
- Offer incentives – This is an fantastic way to leapfrog the competition when the choices aren’t so clear-cut.
- Be responsive to reviews and social media – Don’t forget to keep up with your social media, especially reviews. People notice!
- Offer deals for Mobile wallets – Here’s a new one: offer deals to consumers who are choosing to use their mobile wallets, such as through Google Wallet, Passbook or others. You will most likely skin your competition with this one!